Slots Tournaments – Show Them Who’s Best!
Slot Tournaments or How to Add a Competitive Edge to Slot Gaming
If you’ve ever wondered how your gaming at your favorite slot machines compares to that of other players, slot tournaments can give you the perfect chance to find out.
These are competitive events in which people play slot games (sometimes select titles, other times there’s no restrictions in this regard) the way they normally would. And with each winning spin, players normally accumulate points that allow them to climb up the scoreboard.
As a result, the player with the most points at the end of the tournament is declared the winner. And there’s also a hefty prize that they get to take home, which is usually made up (partially or entirely) of the buy-ins.
How Do Slot Tournaments Work?
Slot tournaments can come packaged in a variety of ways, but essentially they are all based on the same principle. And that principle goes something along the lines of this:
Free & Buy-in Tournaments – What’s the Difference?
Slot tournaments are usually distinguished by whether or not they require a buy-in from competitors.
What are the Different Types of Slot Tournaments?
Aside from the presence or absence of buy-ins, slot tournaments can have different rules regarding what it takes to win them. For example, most commonly tournaments are either leaderboard tournaments or points tournaments.
In the case of leaderboard tournaments, players gain points by wagering money or by winning money, and in some cases it can even be a combination of both. And then based on those, you move up the leaderboard within the given time frame of the tournament. And then with the point tournaments, you enter with a certain amount of playing chips or tokens that are used instead of real money.
Now, those are the two main types. Here are some of the most common variations of slot tournaments, based on these main categories:
1. Scheduled tournaments. This is the type of tournament you are most likely to enter. It is announced by the casino in advance, and you can buy in before its start, whereas all the entry fees are collected to form the prize pool.
2. Sign-up freeroll tournaments. This is a form of welcome promotion for new players that offers free entry upon registration at the online casino, and there is typically a modest prize pool that goes along with it.
3. Reloader tournaments. These tournaments allow players to buy addition credits/chips after they’ve used up the initial amount so as to re-enter the tournament.
4. One-shot tournaments. Unlike the reloaders, here players only get one attempt to pass to each level in the tournament. If you don’t pass – you cannot re-enter.
5. Survivor slot tournaments. This type of competitions include elimination rounds after which the number of players in the tournament decreases over time. And eventually there will be only one “survivor” left, who wins the main prize.
6. Comped/VIP tournaments. Sometimes slot tournaments can be invitation-only and reserved for members of the casino’s loyalty or reward program.
7. Sit-and-go tournaments. Another popular form of slot tournaments, sit-and-go variations are great because they start as soon as the seats fill up. There’s no pre-registration necessary, just grab a seat and start playing.
Tips on How to Win Slot Tournaments
As we all know, slot games are based on random number generators, so there is no way to predict which spin will land a winning combination of symbols. However, there are still strategies you can use to maximize your chances of winning a slot tournament. Here are our tips on these: